Friday, June 04, 2010

Update

My sister recently got a job as a high school teacher. It's a pretty impressive feat considering this time has been compared to the Great Depression when it comes to getting a job as a teacher. I've been applying here and there within our area as well as my parents see it better that I live on the East coast...

During my time home I've realized that my sister takes what I say pretty seriously and she thinks I'm an alcoholic...

Sister: Are you looking for jobs? You spend too much money. What're you doing? Are you being productive? blah blah blah Where will you get the money?
Me: I'll just sell my body.
Sister: What?
Me: I'm gonna be a hooker.
Sister: ... y'know Douglas being a male prostitute is hard.
Me: (Wtf) I was kidding.
Sister: Haven't you seen the movie Midnight Cowboy? That life is TERRIBLE!

I really don't know what compelled her to watch a movie called Midnight Cowboy.

The day I returned from college my mom and dad went on a cruise in the Mediterranean so no nagging from them... for now. As proud as I am for my sister I hope to God that her achievement will reduce the amount of nagging my parents generate. However, I do believe and fear that they will just concentrate it on me.

There's been a love bug floating around - a lot of people I know have decided to couple up. I, on the other hand, have been single for the longest length of time since high school. I am not able to bring this issue up to friends around here due to the fact that on CUE I will be called a pedophile/cradle robber in SOME manner due to a past relationship. (She was only 2.5 years younger.) WELL I'M SORRY.

On another note, I do feel as though men have to 'settle' for their partner more often than women do. Not saying women don't settle. Just - I would like to be settled for. IIIII don't want to settle for a girl. I want a girl to settle for me. I want to wake up and think in my head "God, my girlfriend could do so much better than me." Perhaps turn over and see her beautiful better-than-I-should-be-doing sleeping face smiling from thoughts of me... and then I would begin celebratory fist pumping. Every morning. Really. It would be nice.

And she would probably buy me nice things.

11 comments:

Particulars said...

Hello? Dustin Hoffman and Jon Voight are in that movie! It's a classic!!

Unknown said...

just import a wife.


make money. buy wife. easy as pie.

Tek said...

:) She settled for me.

Anonymous said...

YES

grace said...

haha. i like this post. hope you're doing well douglas!! maybe we can have an east coast hangout sometime.

Alan said...

unfortunately for you, it will always be you who settles...

sad.

Gloriana said...

You're not an old fart yet. :D
You still have time. 화이팅~! (>w<)b

Mingoo said...

haha doug, i'm glad i stumbled upon this today. love it!

Unknown said...

your good homie I know your find yourself a good girl soon

Anonymous said...

야 you are so wrong girls ALWAYS settle. -1 billion!

Whitman said...

i settled down a long time ago...her name is bacon.