Sunday, January 03, 2010

Parenting 101: The Korean Sex Talk

Happy New Year :)

First entry of 2010 - my mom wants me to make it a good one... apparently.

SO. I'm home for the holidays - a lot's happened I'll talk about it in the future but...this is just something that I must get off my chest.

So my mom decided to sit me down and have the sex talk with me while I'm on break from school. Lol. I love my mom - I mean sometimes she forgets my age but I know she loves me with all her heart. She looks through my facebook sometimes to see any prospective girlfriends and gives me the down and dirty about them based on how big their noses are, how sharp their chins are, foreheads, teeth. It's interesting, maybe it'll come up another time.

Wait.

I gotta describe my dad's attempt at a sex talk first.

I'm sitting on the couch just hanging out watching T.V. and pops sits down next to me. My dad always tries to have this swag about him... so he sits down and -

"So - you been having sex?"

wtf.

Me: uhhh
Dad: Always use a condom. You got me?
Me: ... k
Dad: Good.

That was when I was 19. So almost 5 years later my mom decided it wasn't too late to take a crack at it. So... while we're looking through my facebook for fun -

Me: What about her?
Mom: Nono - she's mmm too dark-skinned.

My mom's not racist and the girl wasn't black, her skin was just dark toned. Ok I take it back, she's a little racist - but the girl really wasn't black.

Me: What's that supposed to mean?
Mom: Dark-skinned girls are too sexual crazy. SOOooo sexually demanding. The man, he comes home and he's so tired from work and they just keep bothering them and bothering them cause they want the sex. It's annoying for the man!
Me: (lol) Really now?
Mom: The dark skin girl always wants to be the sexual and the man is so tired from sex all the time they can't work properly if that happen. Stay away.
Me: ...Ok.
Mom: Why? You like the dark-skinned girls? Do they ask you for sex?
Me: wtf
Mom: You keep them away! I chase them out of my house.






MOM SAYS STAY AWAY FROM ME YOU DARK-SKINNED SEXUAL FIENDS.

7 comments:

mars said...

LOL.

Particulars said...

You mean tan or very tan. Your phrasing is so funny sometimes. . . dark-skinned, dark toned, not black, not racist!

Peter Jeong said...

you shouldve told your mom not to worry...

since you only have sex with guys

big black guys

Glo Kim said...

Korean parents are so funny. Where do they get their information?

Anonymous said...

lol

Anonymous said...

that was dull. 3. should've paid attention in class instead.

puddipop said...

LMAO!

Oh gosh, I happened to stumble on this blog post by accident, and I just about died laughing. I'm also Korean, but my parents haven't ever had the "sex talk" with me (thank god). XD This is ultra funny, hahahahaha.